Tutoryal Platform can be found at https://tutoryal.com, and also includes all of the subdomains, mobile applications, any other media, location, application, etc. owned, managed, operated, etc. by Tutoryal. When referring to the infrastructure in this Agreement, we will be collectively referring to them as the “Platform”.
Tutoryal respects your privacy and is committed to being transparent with you about how we handle personal information. Tutoryal and each Content or Service Provider (referred to as ‘Subscribers’ in this document) who provide various services through Tutoryal care about the confidentiality and security of your information. This policy applies to information collected through Tutoryal platformwhen you interact with Tutoryal, with Subscribers, with other users, and generally with our platform.
This policy explains how Tutoryal collects, uses, and shares information about you when you use the TutoryalPlatform, or otherwise interact with us.
Each Subscriber is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No Subscriber is responsible for another Subscriber’s privacy practices. Also, Tutoryal is not responsible for any Subscriber’s privacy practices.
The user must be at least 18 yearsold or above to use the Platform, or, if you are below the age of 18, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to use the Platform. Tutoryal does not knowingly collect or store any personal information from or about children under the age of 13, and we will delete such information if we become aware that it has been submitted through our platform.
Parents or guardians of a child under the age of 13, who believe that Tutoryal might have any personal information of such a child, may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to remove such information.
Tutoryal is the controller of personal information that it collects and processes in connection with the use of Tutoryal’s platform for various services. This includes personal information that you provide to us when you create an account on the platform, subscribe to a plan, enroll in a course, purchase other services through our platform, etc.
Tutoryal directly collects information when you:
- sign up for a user/subscriber account and create aprofile or account with Tutoryal;
- enroll and participate in online courses, assessments, live sessions, coaching sessions or any other services provided through Tutoryal platform;
- send emails or messages to Tutoryal, Admin, Instructor or forums (including messages to student support);
- participate in surveys; and
- participate in public forums, webinars, and other interactive experiences on or through our platform.
Type of Information Collected:
1. Personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and password.
2. When you avail the services provided on Tutoryal platform as a Subscriber, Tutoryal will collect personal information relating to Subscription information such as your business and billing address, account information, data usage, dates of subscription etc.
4. Tutoryal does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on the Site, for example a Subscription or a Course, you will be directed to Tutoryal’s third-party payment processor and third-party ID verification service provider. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you may not be able to avail the services offered on the Platform.You will also need to provide certain payment-related information directly to our third party-payment processors, as described below.
- Subscriber Payment Information : Payment related information about you, including your payment card type and last four digits, postal code, country of origin, payment expiration date, and any email address associated with the payment type. Further, we will collect certain personal information for tax purposes. This tax information may include your full name, address, and PAN or GST registration number.
- Student Payment Information : To purchase a course, Assessment, or other service through our Platform, you’ll need to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, address, and information about the service you are purchasing. You may also need to provide certain payment-related information directly to our third-party payment processors, as described below.
5. When you enroll in a course, assessment, coaching service, or other services available through Tutoryal Platform, your personal information relating to your participation such as courses enrolled in, quiz results, lecture progress and certifications etc will be collected.
7. You may choose to provide us with other personal information. For example, we may collect your name, email address and other personal information when you fill out a survey, participate in a Tutoryal sponsored events, contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
8. We automatically collect certain information from your interactions with our Platform
- Tutoryal logs usage information when you visit and use our platform. This information may include IP address, browser type, operating system, and other information about the use of our platform, such as the pages you viewed, when you viewed them, and links that were clicked.
- We may receive and process information about your approximate location. For example, we may be able to determine your approximate location from your IP address and other information about you. Tutoryal does not ask for or track any precise location-based information.
9. Tutoryal also partners with third parties to help us track and understand your activity on the platform, how you interact with Tutoryal’s social media, and how you find or may be referred to the Tutoryal Platform. Individual Members may separately use Tracking Technologies within their courses and email communications to understand your activity within a course and how you find or may be referred to a course on Tutoryal Platform.
How Your Information Is Used
Primary purpose of collecting and using your personal information is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience, for customer support, advertising and marketing communications, research and service development, and to keep our platform and users safe and secure.
Tutoryal uses information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
1. To provide our services:We use personal information that we collect about you to allow you to access our Platform, to provide you with the services you request.
2. For customer support:We use personal information to investigate, respond to, and resolve customer queries, send you technical notices and security alerts, and provide other support and administrative services.
3. Operate and improve the Platform:This includes creating and improving features that support the Tutoryal users and enable usage at scale. This also includes personalizing the platform, to ensure your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
4. Develop and maintain the security and performance of the Platform: This includes tracking downtime on the Platformand creating software solutions, detecting violations of the Policies and Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of the Platform.
5. For marketing communications: We use personal information to develop targeted advertising both on and off our Platform about ourservices, and to communicate with you about our products, services, offers and promotions, including making recommendations about Tutoryal you may be interested in.Marketing to you about our offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of Tutoryal or affiliates, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about products or services of selected business partners that may be of interest to you.
6. Communicate with you:This includes answering your questions, notifying you of platform maintenance and updates.
7. For research and service development:We use personal information to conduct market research and to develop new services in order to provide you with betterUI/UX, features, functionalities, products and servicesas required by the users including but not limited to how students access and master course materials online, with the goal of improving course outcomes.
8. For Data Analytics:Performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to business partners and external audiences.
9. For legal and security purposes:Responding to any applicable legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tutoryal, Subscribers, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
10. For Addition purposes:Tutoryal or Subscribers may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you. All use of Personal Information is subject to applicable law.
How Your Information Is Shared
Tutoryal only shares your personal information with third parties under the circumstances described below. We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you for monetary or other valuable consideration.
When you enroll for any services provided by the subscribers on Tutoryal Platform, we share certain personal information about you (“Student information”) with the Subscriber to allow the them to provide you with their services. The set of personal information that we share with Subscribers are limited to the following:
- Account information, including your name and email address
- Purchase information, including amount paid, your address, and other billing information (but never your complete card number, which we also don’t get)
- IP address
- Information about your participation in the services, including the service you enrolled in, completion status, progress, quiz results, certificates, ratings provided by you.
- Any messages you exchange with the Admin, Instructoror in forums throughTutoryal
Tutoryal will only provide Student’s data to a Subscriber upon the purchase or enrollmentby the Studentfor the services provided by the Subscriber.
With Students and Other Users
All of the information that you share or content that you publish in your bio, posts, comments, or other public portions of our Platform becomes public information. Because this information is publicly available, we cannot control how others treat it. We ask you to exercise care in deciding what personal information you choose to share, and refrain from sharing your sensitive personal information and those of others.
With Integrated Services
With Service Providers
We may share personal information with vendors, consultants, payment processors, and other service providers that provide us with certain services and process personal information on our behalf. These services may include providing customer support, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our platform functionality, facilitating payment processing, and supporting contests, surveys, and other features offered on our Platform.
These service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for any other purpose, and their use of such personal information will be subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
With Business Partners
We sometimes partner with third parties to offer you events, promotions, contests and other programs. To participate in these offers, you may be required to provide your email address and other personal information. We will only share your email address and other personal information with a business partner when you expressly authorize us to do so.
With Advertising and Analytics Partners
We may share usage data with third-party advertisers, advertisement networks, and analytics providers through cookies and other similar technologies. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device.
Teachable may be required to disclose personal information if directed by a court of law or other governmental entity. Without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose such information where we have a good faith basis to believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests
- protect and defend Teachable’s or a third party's rights and property, or the safety of Teachable, our users, our employees, or others
To the extent permitted by law, we will attempt to give you prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You can access and update certain personal information about you by visiting your User Profile.
If you believe that any personal information, we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, we will work with you to make corrections deemed necessary. Note that we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you’d like Tutoryal to delete your account or delete personal information it holds about you, you can submit a deletion request on email@example.com. Note that when we delete your account, personal information that you have shared with others (for example, through comments or an intake form) may still be visible. Tutoryal will also retain certain personal information about you where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate business purposes.
Controlling Promotional Communications
You can opt out of receiving some or all of our promotional communications through the unsubscribe link in the email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you transactional communications, such as service announcements, administrative and legal notices, and information about your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of these communications. If you no longer wish to use our Platform or receive any communications from us (except for those that are legally required), please mail us at email@example.com have us delete your account.
Please note that opting out of promotional email communications only affects future communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
Controlling Cookies and Similar Technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Note, however, that deleting cookies or directing your browser to refuse them may limit your ability to use certain portions of our Platform that require cookies to function.
STORAGE & SECURITY
Tutoryal stores information, including Personal Information, on its own servers and also on servers of companies that Tutoryal hires to provide services. In each case, information may be stored in countries where Tutoryal operates, and in countries where Tutoryal’s service providers operate. If you are in the European Union, Switzerland, or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, you acknowledge that Tutoryal may transfer, process and store your personal information in the any of the countries where Tutoryal’s or Tutoryal’s service provider’s servers are located, the privacy laws of which may be considered less strict than those of your region.
Tutoryal controls its own copy of information collected through the platformand has an information security program designed to protect information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures. Tutoryal uses administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that it collects, receives, stores, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, Tutoryal cannot guarantee its absolute security. While we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, Tutoryal cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent "hackers" or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining information.
If Tutoryal learns of a security breach involving its copy of your Personal Information, Tutoryal may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By using the Tutoryal platformor providing Personal Information to Tutoryal, you agree that Tutoryal can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Platform. If a security systems breach occurs, Tutoryal may post a notice on the Tutoryal homepage (www.tutoryal.com) or elsewhere on the Tutoryal platformand may send an email to you at the email address associated with your Tutoryal account. Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
Tutoryal uses a range of security measures to protect your personal information. We use encryption in the transmission of financial information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. However, no method of data transmission or storage system is absolutely secure, and we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed in the event of a breach of any of our security measures.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for protecting this password and keeping it confidential. As the safety and security of your information also depends on the precautions you take, we ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you believe your password or the security of your account has been compromised, you should change your password immediately and mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
Delete account and Personal Information
To request deletion of your Tutoryal account and Personal Information, choose the option “Delete Account” from your “User Settings”. Because deletion is a permanent action and cannot be reversed, we may ask you to complete a process that aims to confirm your authority to manage the account affected by your request.
With respect to your Tutoryal account, Tutoryal will permanently:
- deactivate your account,
- remove the active profile,
- retire your username, and
- remove you from Tutoryal email lists.
With respect to your Personal Information, Tutoryal will permanently delete your account profile Personal Information from the Platform.
To the extent that Tutoryal associates the information that edX collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your Tutoryal account profile. By erasing the Personal Information in your account profile, the remaining information about your activity on the platformwill no longer be associated with you, except as noted below.
These changes will be applied to data stores that are used for operation of the Platformincluding course administration by Subscribers.
- Deletion will not apply to historical activity logs or archives unless and until these logs and data naturally "age-off" the Tutoryal system.
- Tutoryal does not track or index every time or every place on the Tutoryal Platformwhen or where a student may volunteer Personal Information, so neither Tutoryal nor Subscribers will be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. Tutoryal encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing your Personal Information on the Platform.
- Tutoryal will archive course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education. These archives are used to produce encrypted research data packages for Subscribers, and Personal Information may not be deleted from research data packages retained by Subscribers.
- Tutoryal and each applicable Subscriber cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, records relating to previous purchases on the Platformmust be retained for financial reporting, audit, and compliance reasons.
- Tutoryal and each Subscriber will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Tutoryal will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with edX’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.If you enroll in a Subscriber’s course, such Subscriber may also retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Upon your request that Tutoryal delete / deactivate your account and delete your information, edX will follow the process described above, including without limitation archiving your course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law) to serve its mission to enable scientific research on cognitive science and education. These archives will be used to produce encrypted research data packages for Members, and each such Subscriber may also keep and use course data for scientific research.